This is an exciting opportunity for someone with some clinical experience to join a small team and make a big impact. This is an integral role within the charity and ideal for an Assistant Psychologist or Therapy Assistant to make a big difference to people living with brain injury.
About Headway Thames Valley
At Headway Thames Valley we work to improve life after brain injury. Our small, highly committed staff team works together with our dedicated volunteers to provide support, services and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers as well as campaigning to reduce the incidence of brain injury across the Thames Valley.
We provide information and deliver community-based rehabilitation support to a diverse client group of over 150 people each year through occupational therapy, enablement, cognitive therapies, support groups as well as music, art and sports, helping people to adapt to life after brain injury and regain a degree of independence so that they can live fulfilled lives. Brain injuries can happen to anyone of any age and background.
Key Responsibilities: To undertake various duties including the referral process and provide administration support to Management Team
Accountable to: Manager
Job location: Henley on Thames
- To log all new referrals and action them as necessary.
- To work on system to capture referrals and subsequent involvement with clients.
- To meet new clients to assess and identify appropriate HTV service required
- Work with OT on all aspects of Headway Thames Valley Services
- Carry out admin tasks such as service/client reports and contribute to HTV literature.
- Identify needs of clients currently unmet and set up appropriate services.
- To undertake various office duties such as filing, typing etc as well as supporting the Manager.
- Answer phone throughout the day and action as necessary.
- Dealing with day to day matters and queries as and when they occur.
- Ordering and checking office and other supplies.
- Ensure that care/ support is provided in such a way as to promote independence and the quality of life of the service users.
- Ensure particular care when communicating with clients who have communication barriers.
- Ensure that the client’s individual rights and choices are actively promoted and supported and their beliefs and preferences appropriately acknowledged.
- Assist with audits and reviews as requested.
- Be aware of potential safeguarding issues.
Education, Training and Development
- Attend all mandatory training as required
- Attend all staff meetings and training as required
- Attend supervision sessions with Occupational Therapist/Psychologist
- Identify any personal unmet training needs and seek to meet them
- Actively participate in conferences, seminars and external meetings
- Promote Headway Thames Valley within the community
- Avoid the disclosure of any confidential information and maintain strict privacy of your own personal information
- Make recommendations for improvements within the service
- To undertake any other tasks as required of the service including fundraising events
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Salary: £10.00-£11.00 per hour
Headway Thames Valley provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Headway Thames Valley Manager, Jamie Higgins, firstname.lastname@example.org